Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ringing in the New Year with Pasta. :)



On New Year's Day, there were no black-eyed peas at the Merryman household - only pasta. :) We love a good pasta and Emily has been craving it, so she created a dish for us. I'm trying to get the recipe out of her for you - but you may have to ask her nicely (or bug her like I am) to give it up. :)

As usual, I made the bread. :) I stuck little slices of garlic all in it because we love us some garlic. :) The pasta was whole wheat (all we eat here) with homemade sauce - consisting of roasted roma tomatoes, grape tomatoes and lots of garlic of course. She also threw in some bacon during the roasting process - we didn't fry it first because it would make the house smell like bacon. Personally, I'd like nothing more. but I understand...  After the sauce roasted and the pasta was cooked, Em poured the warm noodles and sauce over fresh mozzarella balls sliced in half and tossed with fresh basil and italian parsley. I topped it with freshly grated parm. It was super tasty...

Such a lovely way to start 2010, or Twenty Ten, or 2K10 - or whatever we're all going to call it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment