Thursday, December 31, 2009

Extra Crunchies on this Extra Great Day With Dennis

On December 1st, Dennis started asking me what I wanted for Christmas. I never know what to say to that question... I'm perfectly content with all I have but I told him I like experiences. Like take me to a movie or to lunch or dinner or something. :) One of the best gifts I ever received was from my friend Deane Hartzell when we worked together for Centri-Kid/Crosspoint Camps at LifeWay. He gave me a 2 liter bottle of my favorite soda with blockbuster coupons, my favorite candy and a couple bags of microwave popcorn. It was movie night for me and my friends. To me, that was a perfect gift - an experience I'll never forget.

So Dennis remembered that I LOVE Long John Silver's. I made Emily, Dennis and our friend Sam stop there for lunch on the way to Atlanta once. It was awesome. I ordered the "Monster Platter" with giant pieces of fish. When my order was ready they yelled "Monster Platter" real loud over the microphone. It was a hoot -- like -- hey look at the tubby guy! He got the Monster Platter!!!!

I love Long John Silver's not only because it is super tasty, but because my mom loved it and we would go every time we'd go through Rolla, Missouri. It was one of the ones that looked like a boat and I was always so excited to come aboard. :)



Here is the card Dennis put in my stocking. He even went on the internet and found the logo to draw it for me. I really love it - especially the coupon terms on the back.



So we drove to Antioch today to the KFC/LJS combo place. I had the Fish and More (Just like my mom always ordered except without the malt vinegar) and Dennis had the Fish and Shrimp. I mistakenly told him his came with hush puppies and it did not, so I had to share. It was tough. :) But since he paid, it was okay. :) Here's a picture of our lovely Christmas lunch today. :)



As you can tell by the photo, I love sauces - and I think it is hereditary. :)

Today I thought about my awesome son and the thoughtful gift he made/gave me. I also thought about my mom and when I walked by a table with a lady eating her fish with malt vinegar, I could have sworn she was there with us.

So, this New Year's Eve, let me do what I do every time I leave Long John Silvers - ring the bell - cause they did well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment